Health and Safety Measures at Tourism Academy 2021
No in-person event is risk-free during a pandemic. Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, Tempest is taking the following mitigation measures during the Tourism Academy Conference, October 13-15, 2021.
Conference attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccine to attend the 2021 Tourism Academy and must show proof of vaccine when you receive your conference badge. “Fully vaccinated” means the conference date must be:
- At least 14 days after your second dose of an FDA authorized two dose COVID-19 vaccine, or
- At least 14 days after your single dose of an FDA authorized single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of vaccine must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Attendees can present proof of vaccine via an official governmental app, a photo of the physical vaccine card, the actual vaccine card or an official website containing your vaccine information.
The only exception to the above will be for attendees who need reasonable accommodations due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents vaccination. Attendees who need reasonable accommodations due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief must provide at least one of the following:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of your first conference event, or
- Negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of your conference event
Any guest who has received a medical or religious exemption and has provided a negative COVID-19 test will be required to wear a mask indoors at all times per Philadelphia's mask mandate.
The vaccine requirement is critical to the health of our attendees and event staff. We ask that you be patient and flexible due to the evolving nature of the pandemic. Tempest will follow current government health guidance related to face coverings and social distancing. Specific local and federal health and safety protocols are subject to change and will be clearly communicated to registered attendees in advance of the conference.
Any violation of our policies can result in your removal from the conference, and a potential forfeit of a refund. (link to registration refund page)