Director of Partnership and Strategic Alliances, PHLCVB
Darryl Irizarry, Jr.
Darryl Irizarry, Jr. is the Director of Partnership and Strategic Alliances for the PHLCVB. He is an entrepreneurial-minded professional with over ten years of experience leading projects, operations and staff. Proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding organizational goals and objectives. A driven self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and implement strategies that yield positive results.
- Restructured Partnership Program and processes for the PHLCVB with simplistic levels of partnership, repackaged and enhanced benefits to ensure partners receive quality service and value to suit their business needs.
- Led a committee of 15 executives in an event fundraising campaign achieving three consecutive years of record-breaking results, raising over $565,000.
- Recruited, hired and led a team of 54 part-time and full-time employees; serving over 3,200 youth in after-school programs across Philadelphia, Delaware, and Montgomery counties.
- Restructured and managed the Community College of Philadelphia Alumni Association and alumni council; developed 16 events and activities over two years and increased paid alumni membership to over 4,000.
- Launched an annual speaker series called HAPPI Talks (Hear Amazing People Present Inspiration) focused on personal development and business and has featured popular leaders like social media influencer, David Meltzer and Saxbys Coffee CEO, Nick Bayer.
- Created the Black and Gold Gala for Community College of Philadelphia that has honored notable Philadelphians like Malcolm Jenkins (Philadelphia Eagles) and has over 500 people in attendance annually.
- Hispanic Heritage Gala Crystal Award, 2021
- Billy Penn “Who’s Next” in Public Service Award, 2018
- Delaware Valley's Most Influential Latinos Award, 2017
- WHYY First Person Arts Master of Ceremonies, 2016
- Boy Scouts of America National President's Award for Impacting Under-served Markets, 2014
- Delaware Valley's Most Influential Latinos Award, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America National President's Award for Marketing Excellence, 2012
- Boy Scouts of America National Pathfinders Award for Membership Growth, 2011 & 2012
Creating a Community-Minded Business Model
Wednesday, October 13th (Day 1)
10:10 AM - 11:00 AM
As destination organizations shift to become community-focused entities, many are choosing to move away from traditional membership models and embrace a partnership approach. Hear from destination organizations who have navigated this change, and discover what they learned along the way.